- Due October 18
- Worth 25%
- 2,000 words or 8 minutes maximum
Author and publish an original competitive analysis of an existing real-world learning technologies product, service, venture or market of special interest to you.
It can be any relevant (to you) component or cross-section of the global learning technologies marketplace.
Think of your work as an ‘opportunity audit’: a critical review of your chosen topic designed to support an investment decision (not a buying decision) by a prospective investor (not a customer).
This is not an academic paper. Design a presentation format consistent with prospective investors making a sound decision based on your recommendation. Enhance your analysis with real-world data and original consultations if such are feasible.
Employ a medium or media of your choice. If your OER is hosted in an external platform or application please ensure it can live there reliably for at least a few years, and that it is self-contained there.
To publish your Assignment #1:
- create an informative, inviting launchpad post
- post it into this blog using the Category “Analyst Reports (A1)”
- notify your instructor via email that you are ‘live’ and include any links and self-reflection.
- Rationale for Analysis (8/25): A compelling rationale for the choice of subject matter that clearly conveys its resonant value within the learning technologies marketplace and to the author’s professional stance as analyst.
- Critical EVA (8/25): An engagingly credible analysis that uses criteria and/or methods that are relevant, comprehensive, and incisive to the substance and conclusions.
- Resource Value (4/25): Creative and effective design together with excellent presentation for engaging and serving the target audience (primarily professional educators everywhere).
- Reflections (5/25): The proponent clearly outlines the relevance of their analysis and the EVA role in relation to their emerging thinking about their own upcoming opportunity pitch (Assignment #3).